Friday, February 25, 2011

A day with the Mexicans

I went back to work a few weeks ago, and I feel we have got into a nice routine.
Since I am working just for 4 hours a day, 4 days a week, it is not stressful at all.

Fer usually wakes up around 7 am, so we all do the same, hahaha.
I change his diaper, take him into our bed and we play with him for a bit.
Then is feeding time, follow by wiping his face and get him all cute and clean to go over Carissa's.
Then is time for mami to get ready. A quick shower (while Fernando is happily playing in his crib), some quick breakfast, and put on some decent clothes, hahaha.
I drop off Fernando around 9:30ish, and off to work.
Then at 2 I get off work and go and pick up my little guy. I usually spend like an hour at Carissa's. We have coffee or tea, chat about daily stuff, then some design topic is a must, and then time for me and Nando (I love when Beckett says it) to go home.
We get home, relax a little bit, playtime with Fer, and then cook something for supper (while watching some mexican tv on the computer).
Papi gets home around 5:30 or 7:30 depending on which shift he is working. He usually plays with Fernando, or he plays some guitar to him :) (one of my favorite padre e hijo (dad-son) moments.
Around 8 is bath time, then last bottle of the day for Fernando, and bedtime.

That is pretty much what we do on weekdays. But this weekend Fernando has been doing a couple of new things that makes me smile when I see him doing it.

First, I noticed that he is paying more attention to cloth books, and I couldn't resist to snap a photo while he was "reading" :)





Then today, I decided to try one more time the sippy cup. Last time that I tried to teach him how to sip, he wasn't really into it. Today was a totally different story. On the second try he got it :)
And again, first thing that mami (mommy in Spanish) did was to grab the camera and snap a photo and why not some video, hahaha



and then the weekend starts! yay!


3 comments:

  1. What a smart baby reading his books!!! The sippy cup video is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    my poor baby Fernando might be getting tired of me always taking photos of him, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have downloaded the video but the pics are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a line if you are reading my blog :)
Any comments, questions, etc are more than welcome!

About Me

My photo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Mixing the folklore of a Mexican background with the sweet world of the Canadian maple syrup! It can lead to an amazing combination :)

Followers