Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Long time no see you blog



I have to confess that I have been writing, but not posting on my blog. Maybe because I realized that every time that I started writing it ended up being a really sad post. I think it was the weather. This winter is killing me! I am a solar person! I need heat and sunlight to survive. Thank God this last week the weather got super nice, but I shouldn't get super excited since I know it won't last long :( Oh well..

Going back to the main point of this post.

A month ago today, we moved into a new apartment. Time flies.
We are now living on a two bedroom condo (Jodi's) and we are loving it. It is amazing how little things can make you feel at home and can make your life easier.

Let start with the joy that it is that our little Fernando has his own bedroom now. He has been sleeping in his own room since we moved here and I think he loves it. He goes to bed around 9 pm and usually sleeps through the night
Since Fernando has his own room, that give us the chance to do more stuff after he is in bed. Now we can go into our room without waking him up, we can watch movies in bed, read or just chat.

We also have way more space! It feels so good that everything has his own spot in the house now. Fernando's toys and stuff are in his room, I have a closet for myself (because dad and baby share a closet lol), more cabinet space in the kitchen, etc.

Quiet. Oh yes, since we are not living downtown anymore. It almost felt weird the first couple of days to wake up to a super quiet morning, on a very quiet building.

Also, loving to have a park just behind the building complex. We have been going for walks and we take Fernando for a sled ride when it is nice out.


Oh I also like the new neighborhood. So many advantages to live here. First, one of my best friends lives like 5 minutes away :), second I have grocery store, pharmacy, gas station, Tim Hortons, Starbucks and a mall super close. Third, another one of my best friends is moving just two blocks away from us! What else could I ask for!

This week we finally started hanging up the frames, now I just have to decide which photos I want to print for the frames.

Other than that, we are all unpacked and IT FEELS LIKE HOME!










4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are feeling settled and at home! We love having our little friend "Nando" close enough to come play during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that you are all settled and at home!! Who's the other friend that is moving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is Sandra and her family, Jodi.
    They are renting a townhouse on Mackercher and 8th!
    They start moving today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great site with good articles and set out like my salsa dancing site.
    keep up the good work , I will bookmark this site

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a line if you are reading my blog :)
Any comments, questions, etc are more than welcome!

About Me

My photo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Mixing the folklore of a Mexican background with the sweet world of the Canadian maple syrup! It can lead to an amazing combination :)

Followers