Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm in love with Britax!

Photobucket

Our little Fernando outgrew the bucket car seat when he was 4 months old. So we had
to do infant car shopping a little bit earlier than what we planned.
I was totally clueless about what to look for in an infant car seat. My plan was to get a cute seat, with some design, hahaha.

Thankfully I remembered that my friend Carissa mentioned to me once that I should buy a Britax car seat. She said they are a little bit pricey, but totally worth it.
So off we go, we start hunting down the seat, hoping for it to be on sale one day... and voila... one lucky day I found it at baby R Us with a 30% off!
Right from the first day we loved it! Easy to install, easy to fit the straps, and our baby looks pretty comfortable in it.

Then a few months later, we got a second car, so back to the car seat hunting.

Pretending to be smart and experienced enough with car seats, we went to several stores searching for options. We decided that we didn't need another Britax since this one will get used way less.

What a difference to go car seat shopping when you know what you need to look for.
I am not an expert at all, but here are some my recommendations:
1. check the latch connectors, way easier to install a car seat that have them
2. check Harness Adjuster Strap. Some have a very complicated system to adjust the straps and to release them.
3. check the Recline Adjuster. There are car seats that you will have to remove it from the car to adjust the angle, which sucks.

ok, back to where I was.

So we bought a Safety First. That according to us was decent enough! Well, guess what??? We didn't like it


We returned it... and today the hubby is going to get another britax, hahaha






Photobucket

1 comment:

Feel free to drop a line if you are reading my blog :)
Any comments, questions, etc are more than welcome!

About Me

My photo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Mixing the folklore of a Mexican background with the sweet world of the Canadian maple syrup! It can lead to an amazing combination :)

Followers