Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tears coming out

after 5 attempts to start this post the right way and almost gave up... here it goes

I am going to ramble and write what is in my mind

Life has been so good lately. Like I said on my 30th birthday post, I feel so complete. Things are falling into place, I have a beautiful family, I have an awesome marriage, we are healthy, we are so blessed.
But then, we get bad news. Bad things happening to good people, to friends and family back home. So I start wondering why?? I know God won't put you through situations that you can't endure, but it makes me sad and it brings tears to my eyes

Mi Mexico lindo y querido, is officially fighting a war, a drug war. Innocent people is suffering, they get caught in the middle. Sad but true.

In the last couple of months two of my cousins were kidnapped. One luckely was what it's call "express kidnapping"where all they want is to empty your bank account by taking you several times to the ATM, and then they just drop you off somewhere.
The other one, is a different story. He is alive, but I can tell you he will be mark for life after what happened to him. He had to move to a different city, he had to start from 0 again :(

Then last week, a mutual friend of Cesar and I got kidnapped too. They got into her home (she was at home with her baby girl), drugged her with something, put her on her vehicle, took her outside the city, brutally hit her and tortured her. They phoned her husband to ask for a ransom, and after they got the money, they drop her off, on the highway. 20 min outside the city. She tried to get help, to get a car to stop to give her a ride. Nobody wanted to pick her up! People is so afraid of what is going on that you don't trust anybody. Finally somebody that was in the search party found her and took her to the hospital.


All I can say is that tears come to my eyes everytime I get these news
All i can think is that our family is there, and I pray the Lord He protects them everyday
All I can think is that it breaks my heart to know that my hometown is not a safe place anymore
and it is so hard to be thankfull about having a perfect life, while I know back at home people is suffering

Please pray for Mexico, for our province, and for our hometown. For our family and friends back there, and for all the innocent people fighthing this war

3 comments:

  1. I knew things were getting bad back home, but I had no idea it was getting that bad!!! I am so sorry to hear about your friend that was beaten!! My heart goes out to her.
    I can sort of understand how hard it is to hear about everything bad happening while we live blessed lives. I am somewhere now where bad things happen everyday, people are starving and so on. But I am safe and secure and always have the opportunity to leave and return to Canada. People here can't leave because this is home!
    All we can do is continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is heartbreaking. Hard for me to imagine. I'm so grateful that you and Cesar and Fernando are here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia, I just read this and I cannot fathom how it must feel to have those things happen to people I love. I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a line if you are reading my blog :)
Any comments, questions, etc are more than welcome!

About Me

My photo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Mixing the folklore of a Mexican background with the sweet world of the Canadian maple syrup! It can lead to an amazing combination :)

Followers